Application Procedures for the MSTI
- Completed NIU Degree-Seeking Application.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts sent directly to NIU from your academic institutions.
- Nomination from your Agency Training Office or Branch of Service detailer/branch manager/function manager.
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Score Report (must be less than 5 years old) - NIU Code (5205). Please note applicants with a completed master's or doctorate degree from a regionally-accredited institution are not required to submit GRE scores. No other tests may be substituted for the GRE.
- Statement of Purpose (500-word unclassified essay — typed and double spaced) explaining:
- Your motivation for pursuing graduate study in intelligence
- Your professional goals and objectives
- What you achieved in your education or career that enhances your capabilities to undertake graduate study